Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Solange - "Rise [MMYYKK Remix]"-mp3


MMYYKK one of the wizards of ZULUZULUU has been busy, just off tour with ZULUZULUU opening for Atmosphere, MMYYKK just released a new track for a new MC IMAME. Today he delivers the remix goods with the reworking of Solange's "Rise" off her modern opus A Seat At The Table. You can also catch MMYYKK, Trelly Mo & Proper-T opening for Shabazz Palaces Sept.14th at The Amsterdam. Shabazz Palaces have two new awesome and exploratory records Quazarz: Born on a Gangster Star & Quazarz vs. The Jealous Machines. MMYYKK will also be heading to Afro-Punk Atlanta with ZULUZULUU in October.

From The artist "When I initially listened to “A Seat at the Table", “Rise" immediately stuck out to me. I had mistakenly put my music app on repeat and I was listening to that intro for about 5 minutes before I realized that it was repeating. The message of the song resonated with me deeply. I’ve been in a place of self discover and self development. Learning to trust myself and to love myself and to have the courage to be myself unapologetically despite the oppression that surrounds me daily as a black man in America. This song to me has become a mantra. it’s a simple and effective affirmation of black strength and resilience, that within itself, is also anti-white supremacy. Walk in your ways, be you, be black, be brilliant, be a rebel, be an individual and the more we live and work and operate in our divine spirit, the better our lives will be."

Solange -"Rise [MMYYKK Remix]"-mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment