Friday, September 1, 2017

Ibeyi ft. Kamasi Washington -"Deathless" -video



Ibey recruited jazz giant Kamasi Washington for "Deathless", off their new record from the duo’s Ash album is out September 29 via XL. The song was inspired by Lisa-Kaindé’s wrongful arrest by French police when she was sixteen. "I was writing “Deathless” as an anthem for everybody," Kaindé explained in a press release. "For every minority. For everybody that feels that they are nothing, that feels small, that feels not cared about and I want them to listen to our song and for three minutes feel large, powerful, deathless. I have a huge amount of respect for people who fought for, what I think, are my rights today and if we all sing together “we are deathless,” they will be living through us into a better world." The new record Ash will feature Mala Rodriguez, Chilly Gonzales, Meshell Ndegeocello, as well as production from Richard Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment